Hi, here are some resources I’ve gathered for teaching this lesson.
I hope it saves some teachers time searching for the same things.
I will begin with a KWL
2. PowerPoint about what plants need to survive from Tes.co.uk very simple, below are just a few slides from the PowerPoint
link here: plants 2
2. Parts of a plant PowerPoint
This PowerPoint is nice and simple and takes you through the parts of a plant and their functions also from TES.co.uk
link here:Parts of a plant & functions
3. Interactive activities
Help Sparky the Alien with activities on growing plants which include labelling parts of a plant, finding out what a seed needs to grow and the life cycle of plants.
4. Activities based round the character Sparky the Alien on growing plants. Children can compare vegetables and fruits, label the parts of a tree, spell the parts of a plant and put life cycle pictures in order.
5. BBC Game where you help to grow a plant by providing it with what it needs
6. Why do Plants begin to grow in Spring? Lovely website explains here
6. Video parts of a plant
long video perhaps for a rainy lunch
8. Lovely video: how do plants grow